It’s so exciting to be able to provide hands of treatments again and I’m really looking forward to welcoming everyone back. It is important for everyone to feel safe and well protected whilst attending appointments. Extra measures have been implemented to improve safety and help you to feel comfortable during your visit. It is important to read through the protocol as some things will be different.
Following the COVID-19 pandemic, and in line with government guidelines I have put extra measures in place for the safety of you and me.
• Thorough risk assessment
• PPE will be worn
• Pre-treatment forms before each treatment
• Online/telephone consultations
• My high hygiene standards have been elevated, and extra time allowed between treatments
Your appointment will be divided into 2 sessions.
1. Consultations will be done via internet video or telephone the day before you visit in person.
This will include a Covid-19 assessment plus the usual discussion as to your needs from the treatments and time to chat.
2. Your physical hands on session will be 45 minutes; in line with industry guidelines to reduce to amount of time spent in close proximity and reduced time talking when together in person.
Both parts will be classed as one session and combined make up the full session time.
Your Massage Appointment
• You will be contacted before you arrive for your appointment to check that you are well and have no symptoms of Covid-19.
• Please shower before arrival and wear clean clothes. Please do not go shopping etc on the way for you appointment.
• Please bring a plastic carrier bag for your clothes.
• On arrival you are asked to wait in your car or outside (2 meters away from other people) until you are called in.
• The main door to the building will either be propped open or opened for you.
• The waiting area is closed so you will be taken straight through to the treatment room. Leaflets and flyers are not displayed but will be available upon request.
• You will be asked to sign your Covid -19 assessment form. PLEASE BRING A PEN
• The couch is thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial and antivirall disinfectant and fresh clean linens are provided for each person including the use of sustainably sourced vegan compostable single use towels.
• The chair has been replaced for one with a non porous surface and is cleaned for each person.
• Water cannot be provided so please bring water with you (sadly the sweets have to go)
• I will wear PPE throughout the session. A clear Visor, mask and apron
• As from 8th August it is mandatory for all clients to wear a face covering throughout their treatment
• The toilet will be open. Antibacterial soap and paper towels are available. (Hand sanitizer will be available in addition to hand washing in the treatment room )
Online payment is encouraged and is requested at the time of booking.
Cash payments are accepted. please bring correct amount where possible.
Please be available at the time of your Internet/telephone consultation appointment and on time for treatment sessions. Treatment time will not be allowed to carry on beyond the allotted time frame.
Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice or failure to arrive for your appointment will still be charged in full.
For your reassurance, the number of people seen in a day has been reduced and extra time taken in between each person to allow for thorough cleaning and ventilation allowing fresh circulation of air through the room.
The data collected on pre screaning forms will be used for the sole purpose of clinical massage and will not be disclosed to any external sources, excluding NHS Test and Trace. This form will be kept for 21 days.